Tuesday 24 September 2013

Writing is Fantastic!!


Do you guys remember how in my last holidays I set myself a challenge of writing a chapter a day?

Well guess what!

I've done it again! And it's fantastic! I'm still not going to tell any of you anything about the plot or let you read it (excluding the three of you I've shown this to, naturally) But I have decided that I will show you the chapter headings.

Because they're pretty okay. Each chapter also comes with a theme, but you don't have to listen to, but some of the songs are simply excellent and it's what I would've been listening to as I wrote the chapter.


Prologue – Theme: Wonderland by Ke$ha
Chapter One: Humble Beginnings – Theme: Our House by Madness
Chapter Two: Monday Mornings – Theme: Inside It’s Raining by Art Of Dying
Chapter Three: Family Reunion – Theme: The Reason by Hoobastank
Chapter Four: Regroup – Theme: Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons
Chapter Five: Back In Business – Theme: You’re On Fire by They Might Be Giants
Chapter Six: No Turning Back – Theme: Until We Get Caught by Hit The Lights
Chapter Seven: Desolate – Theme: The Sky Is Falling by Bodhi Jones

And...

Chapter Ten: Awkward And Charming – Theme: Amaryllis by Shinedown

I'm writing chapter seven tomorrow, and I wrote chapter ten aaaaaaaages ago. Though its chapter number is liable to change at this point in time. It'll probably end up happening WAY later, now that I think about it.

Actually, I strongly recommend listening to Amaryllis simply because Miles was originally going to use it as a theme for a chapter of BFB, but when he showed it to me I listened to it twice and proceeded to write 2,626 words off of it.

Needless to say, it is an excellent song.

18,429 words, 35 pages, 80,683 characters (no spaces), 518 paragraphs, 1,662 lines.

And it's titled Strand #5.

Holy moley I feel grand.

2 comments:

  1. Jesus, I forgot about I Will Be There...

    And what an awesome title that is! I wonder what sort of genius could have thought that up?

    But seriously, these chapters are beyond gold. I'd say they're worth the wait, but I hate waiting and it doesn't apply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, it wasn't even I Will Be There, it was Raining...

      Delete